Sunday, July 13, 2014

From the home front - Part 2 (Jenn)


Since the guys have been gone, things for me have been busy with a 3 year old and a 3 month old - but the guys are on my mind at all hours of the day.  I was surprised that we would have as much communication as we've had - I thought it would be total blackout except for emergencies, so that has been great.

Photo: She got a hold of my mascara and decided to give herself a unibrow...
What Daylie gets up to when Dad is
 too far away to do anything about it...
We got a phone call today from Ty - it was amazing just to hear his voice after 7 days - by far the longest we have gone without direct communication since we met!  Daylie (our 3 year old) was so happy to talk to him. She has been missing Dad (especially when she gets in trouble by me…). She wakes up asking for him a lot, but she knows he is on a boat going to Hawaii and she loves looking at the tracker because Daddy's boat is the "light pink" one - her favourite colour :)

The strangest thing for me, is every morning when I wake up. I realize that another full day has gone by that the guys have spent on a 50 foot boat in the middle of the pacific.  It's just unbelievable to me - their mental strength.  You talk about 15-20 days on a boat, but until the 6th, 7th, 8th, etc. day go by, you start to realize how long that is - and just how many hours there are in a day.  

Although it seems that we will be headed to Maui in no time, I know that those 7 days will feel very long to them, so I am sending them as many good vibes as I can - as I know all of our family and friends are.  So many people are following the boys via the blog, and are checking the tracker as much, if not more than I am!  I hope they know that they have a HUGE fanbase on the mainland, and that everyone is rooting them on!!

The Abrams Clan (Jen, Daylie and Dalton)

No comments:

Post a Comment