Friday, July 4, 2014

The next 24

The Next 24 Hours

Day two is providing less-than-spirited sailing conditions. However, we are not alone and are keeping our eyes out for patches of wind so we can take advantage of every opportunity to continue to charge ahead! 
 
Morale is high and we are using this pause in action to rest up for the next good blast that should roll through soon. However, we will not let Steve Corcoran get through a shift without swapping at least two sails. 

Steve Tomlinson and Ty spent the afternoon hunting down Passepartout and we are making headway on them. We predict he will have them behind us before the sun rises again. 

The Adam MacLean Daily Tuna Derby is in full force and we are expecting our efforts on that front to bear fruit as we continue to make headway South (to latitudes where tuna actually live). 

Trav and Jason spent the afternoon piecing together weather data to help us refine our strategy moving out of the high we are currently sitting on top of. 
 
Dinner is approaching and our daytime squad is eagerly anticipating another fantastic meal from Darin. 

Miss you all tremendously, 

The boys on Turnagain

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see your posts. I'm wife to Captain Vince on Passepartout, so have been watching your progress closely, too. For my part I'm glad to see your prediction not come true, but I know how quickly conditions and positions can change, so I eagerly watch and wait. I just want to see everyone safely home again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tuning in :) Looks like Passepartout is doing pretty well in these winds, or lack thereof! - Catharine

      Delete
  2. Great updates, with the tracker I can sit here in my office chair and second guess everything you guys are doing:-) Sail fast and be safe. Say hi to the boys for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! I'm totall hooked to the tracker :) Catharine

      Delete